I should not exist. But I do.
Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t . . .
For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable-hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet . . . for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything
- Heart warming
- difference between characters
- emotion portrayed by the character
- the story line
- difficulty understanding who was narrating
- no plot ( the story line of them all getting out was good but there was no destruction to what was happening there were small ones but not one big one that did very much damage)
- ending didn't take as much form as it should have it was almost cliched with the mysterious hero coming and rescuing them almost went unsought and just put in there to finish the story, it didnt have much sense to it.
- had sort of a slow beginning.
Addie and I were born into the same body, our soul's ghostly fingers entwined before we gasped our very first breathe.
but I-I was eva, eva, eva all the way through.
although i have been pretty harsh on this book i really enjoyed it and to find out that the author was only 19 made me quite impressed and i have future hopes for my friends in the Kat's notes she says she has been writing this book since she was 12 and that was pretty amazing too.
talking about the book a lot of it was great but the whole beginning plot and ending well connect with eachother although apparently this is a trilogy so i cant wait for the next one. i love the idea of runaway hybrids trying to take on the world
OVERALL SCORE: 3/5 stars
Hugs and Wishes