Sunday 3 February 2013

The Confessions of An Angry Girl

wow i had this book for one week so i could read and review and wow i cannot stop saying this word. Louise Rozett has captured the essence of a normal high school hierarchy for rose and this series hits off with the bang!

Blurb:
Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make…

1. I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is nowenraged and out for blood. Mine.

3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)

(Sorry. That was rude.)

PROS:

  • funny/hilarious
  • original
  • great aspects to the story
  • puts reality into fiction
  • adds the natural  taste of high school hierarchy
  • fantastic start
  • horribly good ending
Cons:
  •  understated plot
  • title does not fit by end of story
  • has a very abrupt ending
First Line:
Jamie you gonna eat that. you have gotta eat that bagel
Last Line:
i go to my desk open the laptop and i see the screen pop back to life.
Discussion
i really enjoyed this book i got a sense of pure reality from it and had major laughs. i couldn't stop reading it i loved how the character stood up for herself but at the same time backed down just to protect everyone. in the story it starts out with a girl whose angry at her dad for going to war then at her brother and finally at a cheerleader but by the end it really didnt matter whether she started out as an angry girl or not she was more smart and sensible which gave her more making her a less angry person it almost seemed forced her getting angry. but that really was my only problem with the book i loved reading enjoyed from beginning to end and i have a feeling that a lot of my friends are going to read this one now. Louise Rozett has definitely inspired a bit more out of my imagination like all the other great authors
Overall Score: 3.9/5 stars

ok well thats all from me i start school tomorrow so will be trying to review as much as possible but might not get there every time.oh and book out for the next book confessions of an almost girlfriend

Hugs and Wishes
Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts